February 17, 2020
Like most B2B SaaS companies, Almabase too reaches out to prospective leads to inform about our services. Sooner or later, we come to know that a significant number of our mails skipped the inbox and ended up in the spam folder.
When the volume of mails that we send out increases as our team expands, it becomes necessary to ensure that our emails are getting delivered.
We decided to check our email deliverability using GlockApps and found out that only 64% of the emails we send through some of our inboxes were being received by our prospects! Shocking, right?
However, following a few simple tricks we could increase our deliverability to 95%.
Below are the steps we followed to get our inbox’s health back to normal (i.e at least 90%+ email deliverability).
1. Obtain test code and Email seed list for your test from GlockApps after signing up. (Initially, you get 3 free test credits, our investment in the subscription was definitely worth it! Big shout out to GlockApps!)
* Test code is a string which needs to be added anywhere on the email body. This is used to distinguish your test from the other tests being run through GlockApps.
* Seed list is the list of email IDs which GlockApps will be tracking to find out the number of inboxes that receive the info, time taken for the email to get delivered, etc to score your deliverability.
NOTE: Do not paste these emails into the body of the email you are using for the test.
2. Open Gmail and compose a fresh email. Paste the Seed list on the "To" address. Seed list will typically contain approximately 80 email IDs.
3. Use an email Template that you often use with the usual number of links and images (including the ones on your signature). This will give you a better idea of how many of the emails you send skip the inbox. Hit the send button.
4. Once you are done sending the email, within 10-15 minutes, you will receive a report of your test on the reports section of GlockApps along with suggestions to improve content to increase deliverability etc.
If your test results are as follows:
* above 97% delivered - Congrats! Your inbox is healthy. Read no further.
* between 97%-90% - Send out emails to 5-10 of your colleagues’ personal IDs individually and ask them to reply to the email and continue the thread to have at least two back and forth conversations.
* below 90% - Send out emails to at least 20 colleagues'/friends’ personal IDs individually and ask them to reply to the email and continue the thread to have at least two back and forth responses between the sender and the receiver.
Once this is done, run a test for the same inbox. (Make sure you get multiple responses on the email thread for each of the emails you’ve sent as part of this exercise.)
This will bring up the deliverability back to almost 100 %.
We would love to hear if this has helped your teams and to know how your teams are solving this differently. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org