Over the last few weeks, most of you have seen and taken benefit of the Facebook engagement and Email engagement insights. Those were two cogs in the wheel as we try to present you more information about each alum to help you take data driven decisions. The remaining piece of the puzzle involved showing engagement with events, memberships, and gifts.
You can now view any member’s engagement across various verticals :
1. Email Engagement — Shows you which emails were opened, which links were clicked, etc.
2. Event Engagement — Shows you which events this member has registered to, how much they’ve paid for tickets, etc.
3. Gifts — Shows you the entire history of gifts from this member.
4. Memberships - Shows you the entire membership payment history
5. Facebook Engagement — Shows you all the reactions and comments of this member on your Facebook posts.
The key idea here is that with all this data in one place, visible against each member, you are able to quickly get a sense of their engagement with your institution. In order to make this simpler, we’ve also introduced an engagement snapshot on the profile which gives you a quick summary of the member’s overall engagement.
1. Using Event Engagement, you can also see if a member tried to register to an event but didn’t complete it. It’s a great strategy to follow up with them and help them register. They’ve already shown you their intent.
2. Using Gifts insights, you can see if they have attempted to donate to a campaign but failed to complete it successfully. It is a neat way to close those donors that need just a little more push.
This is already enabled on your Almabase website, you just need to make sure your Facebook pages are connected, send emails to alumni, create events, and collect gifts on Almabase.
I hope this data is very useful for you. Please do let us know if you want to see any other data in the engagement snapshot, and as always, do reach out to us if you have any questions.