amount raised during Giving Day 2019
amount raised during Giving Day 2016
increase in the number of donors (419 donors in 2016; 1008 donors in 2019)
Dating back to the early 1840s, Calvert Hall College High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school for boys, located in Towson, Maryland, United States. The oldest Lasallian school in the country, Calvert Hall College High School provides a diverse community of young men with a broad and balanced human and Christian education through excellent academic and extracurricular programs that promote leadership, achievement, and service within the church and community.
With a total alumni strength of over 7000, Calvert Hall College High School’s aim is to make its students “men of intellect, men of faith, and men of integrity."
While for Calvert Hall, the previous giving days were relatively successful, the advancement team started noticing that some alumni were preferring to donate via their mobile devices. With the school’s existing online giving experience not optimized for mobile devices, their donations were affected.
With existing systems, Calvert Hall did not have visibility into gifts being made. In the absence of a dashboard where fundraising numbers could be broken down into meaningful statistics, the school had difficulty in analyzing its campaigns and planning future campaigns.
With the 4th Annual Hall Day campaign, Calvert Hall was able to successfully increase its Giving Day donations by twice as much since its first giving campaign in 2016. The number of donors also increased by 140% in a time span of 3 years. The two key aspects that helped Calvert Hall achieve tremendous success are:
1. Videos shared via social media: Calvert Hall created interactive videos, featuring faculty as well as students and shared these extensively via social media. Filmed on-campus, these interactive videos had the desired effect of invoking nostalgia and succeeded in urging alumni to contribute to a cause that would benefit their alma mater. Organic social media marketing via Facebook helped Calvert Hall raise over $4800 in 24 hours.
2. Peer-to-peer fundraising: With a following of over 11,000 on Facebook, Calvert Hall’s videos were widely shared by the school’s influencers on the platform, influencing 77 donations and raising over $14,000.
$14,056 raised + 77 donors as a result of peer-to-peer fundraising
$4856 raised + 39 donors came after seeing Calvert Hall’s videos on Facebook
A total of $111,024 raised from influences
202% increase in Giving Day donations since 2016
140% increase in the number of donors since 2016
Calvert Hall’s immaculate planning is the key to its Giving Day success. Take a look at the detailed Facebook campaign here:
1. Calvert Hall College High School shared this video 2 weeks prior to its Giving Day campaign. Joe Baker, CAO/Director of Advancement talks about all the events planned for the upcoming 24-hour campaign.
2. In this video, Joe Baker talks about Calvert Hall’s 174- year old ‘Tradition of Excellence’ on the day of giving.
3. Calvert Hall’s Travis Fruhling reporting live from the All Day Hall Day's Family Fun event.
4. Calvert Hall thanking everyone for supporting their All Day Hall Day campaign
By creating secure, effective, and mobile-optimized giving pages, Calvert Hall is able to provide its donors with a frictionless donation experience. Whether alumni donate from their mobile, iPad or laptop, it now takes less than a minute to complete the donation. The school successfully ensured that making a gift became as simple as placing an order on Amazon.
With the brand new giving day platform, Calvert Hall made available real-time statistics on the contributions made so that alumni have visibility not only into their own contributions but also those made by fellow alumni.
Calvert Hall College High School continues to host successful Giving Days with Almabase. You can see their ‘4th All Day Hall day’ Giving page here.
Catering to over 10,000 alumni across 195 years, Centenary College of Louisiana successfully moved to a centralized platform for streamlining all alumni relations functions in 2019. Within 6 months of shifting to this platform, the college was able to successfully raise over $108,000 in online donations.Read more...
Up until 2013, Providence Day School witnessed 4% alumni giving participation. The school aimed to grow alumni giving by maximizing event attendance via targeted events for diverse alumni groups. With this initiative, the school completely revamped its overall engagement strategy and grew alumni donor participation to 20%.Read more...
With QuestBridge alumni spread all across the United States and their limited exposure to each other, the institution knew that it had to focus heavily on bringing its alumni together to be able to create a close-knit network and foster lasting connections. With the implementation of ‘Dinner with QuestBridge Strangers’ program, the nonprofit has successfully organized 29 sponsored dinner parties across 19 US states, bringing together 350+ alumni in less than a year.Read more...